#OILS20 Virtual Science Fair
Poster sessions are for traditional in-person conferences, but now that we are virtual, you can present your science in any way you prefer (e.g. posters, slide deck, pre-print, dataset, video presentation, etc.).
Thanks to the open science technology pioneers before us, we have easy virtual methods to present our science. We will be curating and hosting our virtual science fair using a Zenodo community (https://zenodo.org/communities/oils2020/).
Why you should submit an abstract for the OILS conference
You will be able showcase your current research to an audience of your peers. Promote yourself, get feedback, and look for collaborators! Also, win a science fair prize if your submission is deemed to be the most inspiring.
Additionally, select abstract submissions will have an opportunity to present a 5-minute “science pitch" or "innovation pitch" in a scientific session where you could win a prize for the best presentation. This advertisement for your idea or work consists of a concise presentation of your research interests and experience that is to be shared with a broad audience and to enable potential synergies with the audience. You will have a chance to share:
- What is the topic of your research or innovation idea?
- What is the problem, issue, or question that you are asking and addressing?
- Why is that problem interesting and important?
- How does your work or idea connect with a broader disciplinary conversation about this topic/problem in your field, and what does it add to that conversation?
- What is the current state of your research or idea?
- What are the areas of most impactful future progress?
- How do you plan to address these areas, and what type of experts would you need to collaborate with in order to succeed?
|Abstract submission opens||NOW OPEN|
|Abstract submission deadline||August 14, 2020|
|Presenters notification||August 31, 2020|